Monday, May 19, 2014

My First National Genealogical Society Online Course



So I am using the Board of Certified Genealogists educational preparations suggestion and signed up for the first course at NGS called The Basics.  Wow its amazing how much I thought I knew until I started taking the quizzes.  As I was reading the material I was thinking to myself "oh I know that, I know that"  But when I started the quiz I realized I should have paid more attention.  They ask very detailed questions.  However they give you multiple tries to take the quizzes.  I have passed the 5 quizzes I've taken so far.  There are 7 total in this first course.  It is a great course to firm up your foundation in family history research.  I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about family research whether they want to get certified or not.

Until next time, happy hunting!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment