Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Friends and New Cousins

I got a call a few days ago from a friend who asked if I like to join her tonight at the local book store and talk genealogy.  Well how could a genealogist say no to an evening of talking about genealogy!  I said yes.  I am so glad I did.  There were four of us there tonight.  We all go to the same church and had a fun evening talking and sharing how we all got into genealogy and what some of our goals for our own research were.  We've decided to make this a regular group and meet once a month.  We haven't come up with a name yet or what our groups mission might be but those things will come about in time.  Tonight  was the beginning.  We have set a date to meet again and one of our members who by the way is also a descendant of John Holland of the Mayflower like me, is even going to prepare a little something to share with us.  How exciting to be in on the beginning of such a great group.  I look forward to seeing us grow and flourish.

Until next time, happy hunting!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment