Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Genealogy Blog

Hi my name is Kristina and I love genealogy.  I can be found at 2 in the morning chasing clues to find that ellusive long lost ancestor.  I can be heard saying corny sayings like “I brake for graveyards”, "Drinking wine and looking for dead people”, or "I suffer from ADGD (attention deficit genealogy disorder)”.  This last one inspired the name of my blog, Losing My Census.  I will start researching one ancestor, but get distracted by another ancestor, which causes me to bounce around to different ancestors only to end up doing a lot of work with very little to show for it!


In a word I am a genealogy junkie. As a result my father has officially designated me as family historian and I am taking my role very seriously.  I am a firm believer that if you don't know your past you will not have a future.


I am an active member in Mayflower Society, Colonial Dames, Daughters of the American Revolution and Daughters of the Confederacy.


I’m creating this blog to share not only who my ancestors are but what their stories in history are.  I am also hoping to find cousins that might have more stories to share and maybe even pictures or family heirlooms.  I want  to highlight what I am currently researching, new finds, stories and pictures of our extensive family.


Over the years genealogy research has been a hobby and relaxing pasttime.  Now I have so much family information, it seems to be time to start organizing it all thereby making it available to those who may take an interest.  I have a public family tree on Ancestry.com that is fairly comprehensive.  I also have a Pinterest and Facebook Fan Page.  Thank you for stopping by and be sure to sign up with email so you don’t miss any posts here on my blog.

Until then, Happy Hunting!
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment