Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DAR Lineage Research Committee

I have been a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution since 1997.  I've served on many committees over the years but this year I am on the lineage research committee and I LOVE it!!!  It is so fun helping others find their connection to a patriot in the American Revolution.

Sometimes I go a little above and beyond when I mentor an older lady who does not know how to use a computer.  As was the case today.  I took everything this lady knew and plugged it into my computer on Ancestry.com and then began to do a search on some of her ancestors she didn't have any documentation for.  Oh what fun when I found not only a Find A Grave hit but on the memorial page someone had listed the very information and source we were looking for!!!  I was easily able to print the documents and now her application is complete!  Oh what a wonderful feeling to be able to help and serve others in this very wonderful organization.  And oh how I love all the genealogical social medias out there.

Are you a member of DAR? or have a "great find" story?  I'd love to hear from you.  Let me know in the comments box below.

Until next time.  Happy hunting.
Kristina


No comments:

Post a Comment